New Day Cleveland Chai Tea
Courtesy of: Sarah Hurt, t by Sarah
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tsp fresh or dried ginger
- 3 cinnamon sticks or 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 cardamon pods (broken)
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 pinch peppercorns
- 1 pinch licorice root
- 1 pinch vanilla beans (broken)
- 2 tsp tea
- 1 cup milk (can substitute any nut milk)
Boil 2 cups of water and add ginger, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, peppercorns, licorice root, and vanilla beans. Boil for 2-3 more minutes.
Reduce heat to a low simmer and add 2 tsp tea and 1 cup of milk. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat, strain and sweeten to taste (honey, raw sugar, etc.). Yields 3 cups.