Browns not commenting on report of Manziel trip to Vegas
BEREA, OH – The Browns are not commenting on a report that quarterback Johnny Manziel went to Las Vegas on the day before the season finale.
Manziel was not playing Sunday against Pittsburgh following his concussion last week. He is in the NFL’s protocol on head injuries.
Reports quoted an employee and patron who said they saw Manziel at Las Vegas’ Planet Hollywood on Saturday. It’s not clear if the team has a policy prohibiting players from traveling when they are out with an injury.
Manziel started six games in his second season with Cleveland. While the 23-year-old showed progress on the field, the Browns want him to address off-field issues. Manziel spent 10 weeks in a rehab facility last winter specializing in drug and alcohol abuse.
Last week, Browns coach Mike Pettine praised Manziel but said, “there are problems there.”
Manziel did have a comment of sorts on the reports. He posted this to his Instagram feed Saturday night:
The picture is tagged as being posted from Avon Lake, Ohio.
Manziel also tweeted this: