CLEVELAND -- With the warm temperatures and rain -- it sure doesn't feel much like Christmas.
But, Ohio-based Velvet Ice Cream is helping to make sure it tastes like Christmas.
*Scroll down for holiday recipes
Connie Cahill, Velvet Ice Cream spokesperson, shared some delicious holiday ice cream recipes on Tuesday.
For more information on Velvet Ice Cream, click here.
Velvet Holiday Truffles
- 1 56-ounce container of Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla Lover’s Trio,
- Cinnamon, and/or Peppermint Stick ice cream
Ingredients for truffle coatings:
- Grated lemon and orange peel
- Toasted coconut
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Toasted pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Dark chocolate chips
- Chopped dried cranberries
- Crushed seasonal Oreo’s
- Crushed chocolate chip cookies
- Red & Green crushed candies
- Hot Fudge, warmed Caramel sauce, warmed
- Place a parchment covered jelly-roll pan or cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place various coatings in small bowls.
- Make the Velvet ice cream flavor selections. Using a small melon ball scoop, scoop out the ice cream and roll in the various coatings. Place on the jelly roll pan and place immediately back into the freezer.
- Serve three different ice cream truffles on a plate with a homemade Christmas cookie.
Silky Hot Peppermint Chocolate
Prepare your favorite Hot chocolate. Add a small dip of VELVET Peppermint Stick Ice cream and a candy cane as a stirrer. Perfect in front of the fire!
Sparkling Pumpkin Apple Splash
Chintz Room Pecan Ball
- 1 56-ounce container VELVET Vanilla Lover’s Trio ice cream or any other favorite flavor
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup warmed hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream
- Fresh mint leaves
- Scoop ice cream and place into a shallow container filled with the chopped pecans. Roll the ice cream balls into the pecans, covering well. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze the ice cream.
- When ready to serve, place ice cream in a footed ice cream dish and drizzle with hot fudge and top with whipped cream. Drizzle an additional amount of hot fudge over the top and serve. Makes 4-6 ice cream desserts.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 56 ounce container VELVET Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 1 bottle premium hot fudge sauce, warmed
- Crusted peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Grease cookie sheets and place parchment paper, cut to size, on each cookie sheet. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff, but not dry. Slowly beat in sugar until mixture is very stiff. Gently fold in the vanilla.
- With a tablespoon, drop dollops of egg white onto the parchment paper. Egg whites should be spread out to 3-4 inch circles. Make a well in the egg whites. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from the parchment paper.
- To serve: Place a small scoop of Velvet Peppermint Stick Ice Cream in the well of the baked Pavlova, drizzle with hot fudge and sprinkle crushed candies over the top.
**2 Tablespoons of high quality cocoa can be added to the sugar to make chocolate Pavlovas.
Peppermint-Chocolate Dessert Tower
- 1 56-ounce container VELVET Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 1 9-ounce package Thin Chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup warmed hot fudge sauce
- Crushed peppermint candies
On four dessert plates, starting with one cookie on each, place a small dip of the Peppermint Stick ice cream. Top with another cookie and repeat the process until the tower stands with three cookies. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over each tower and sprinkle with crushed candies.