Major Howard’s family says they are being threatened as they search for justice in child’s murder

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND-- Relatives of a three-year-old boy killed in a drive-by shooting say they are now being threatened and harassed. They say people who claim to be relatives of the wanted suspect are responsible.

"It's a little scary, but I won't run. I'm not hiding. I'm not gonna stop; I need justice," said Victor Freeman, the three-year-old’s grandfather.

On September 15, Major Howard was caught in the crossfire, killed in a drive-by shooting while sitting in a car on East 113th Street in Cleveland.

Investigators named 22-year-old Donnell Lindsey as a suspect. He remains at large.

"Not looking for no hurt, harm or danger towards anyone. We're just seeking justice for this innocent baby," said Major’s grandmother, Lacondria Freeman.

On weekends, the little boy's loved ones walk through neighborhoods around the city, handing out fliers, hoping someone will give police information that can help put Lindsey behind bars.

"My son observed two people in a car follow him home, and when he pulled in the driveway, he decided to leave back out 'cause he didn't know who it was and they followed him," said Freeman.

Freeman said when his 17-year-old son stopped at a friend's house, the car drove by.

"But in the process, they was calling his phone and telling him that, you know...'lil bro is dead, he not coming back-- that we should just stop passing out the fliers before they be passing out fliers for him as well," he recounted.

Victor Freeman said that was November 15, exactly two months after the shooting. The family filed a police report the next day after reading a menacing post on Facebook.

It reads…"My cousin ain't shoot him so...y'all don't know what y’all talking about, now I can tell him where y'all at and he can come get y’all."

The family said the posts and calls to their son keep coming.

"Sunday evening was the last call that he got, and it's just basically the same thing that we need to just let it go," he said.

But Major's grandparents said they will not let it go until they find justice.

"Life has changed; it's not the same-- just thinking about how full of life he is...he was," said Lacondria Freeman.

"Your family says that you're innocent; I want to believe that. Maybe they're right, but the only way we'll ever know is if you turn yourself in," said the grandfather.

In addition to filing a police report, Major Howard’s grandparents said they also warned neighbors, their son’s school and U.S. Marshals about the threats.

Anyone who has information on Donnell Lindsey’s whereabouts is asked to contact police. A $5,000 reward is being offered.

CLICK HERE for much more on this story.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.