David’s Crispy Wings
Oven Crispy Chicken Wings
- 3 tsp baking powder (1 tsp per lb. Of chicken wings (tsp/teaspoon))
- 3 tsp kosher salt. (1tsp per lb. Of chicken wings)
- 3 lb. Chicken wings
- ½ c. Franks original hot sauce
- 1/3 c. Melted butter or margarine
Place 1 lb. Of wings in a bowl with 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp kosher salt. Toss until completely coated. Then place them on a baking sheet pan with a wire rack. Repeat with remaining wings. Do not let them touch each other. Place, uncovered, in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven 400-450
Roast 25 minutes. Remove from oven and flip wings to brown other side. Roast 20-25 minutes. Wings should be golden and crispy. Allow wings to cool a few minutes while you make the sauce.
Melt butter or margarine in a small pan until just melted. Don’t allow it to bubble, foam, and separate. Mix in hot sauce and you’re ready to go.
Combine sauce and wings (a big bowl makes it easy)!
Crock Pot Buffalo Wing Dip
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ c. Ranch dressing
- ½ c. Sour cream
- ½ c. Crumbled blue cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- ¾ c. Frank’s original hot sauce
- 1 c. Shredded cheese of choice (I used Mexican)
- 2 green onions (chopped/most of green part also)
- Celery sticks and dipping chips
Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place mixture in crock pot. Top with shredded chicken. Pour on the hot sauce, sprinkle with green onions, and top with shredded cheese.
Cook in crock pot 2 hours on low.