Officers ready to return to the streets following being cleared in deadly shooting

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND - New fallout from a deadly police shooting caught on body camera.

And this time the officers are being praised for their actions.

Steve Loomis, president of the police union, says the officers are set to get an award in Columbus on Friday for their actions in a March 2015 deadly shooting.

The officers involved in that shooting will be returning to their normal jobs Monday.

They had been assigned other duties while the shooting of 64-year-old Theodore Johnson was being investigated. The entire incident was recorded on police body cameras.

On Tuesday, the prosecutor's office said the shooting was justified.

"These guys are absolutely genuine American heroes," Loomis said.

He said the officers were just responding to a routine call when they came face to face with a life-threatening situation.

Once inside, the man, who had a gun, shot and wounded police officer, David Muniz. The bullet struck the officers bullet proof vest.

Other officers then killed Johnson.

The other officers first tried to talk to the suspect before he raised his weapon.

Loomis said the past few months have been difficult on the officers involved. He was critical of the prosecutor's office for not allowing the officers to view the video before it was released to the media.

**Continuing coverage of this story here**