October 7, 2015
Hollywood & Dine
In honor of clam bake season, David got to work in the kitchen making mussels!
Maize Valley Winery: Fall Fun
This is your chance to see pumpkins fly! A local winery has transformed into a family destination for fall. Not only do they have a giant pumpkin launcher, but they also have pig races, hayrides, mazes and more!
Spooky Reads for Kids
Dare we say skip the candy this year and treat your little ones to a new book? Lynn Quintrell, Owner of Appletree Books, joined us in studio with some of her favorite Halloween books for kids of all ages. You can find Appletree Books on Cedar Road in Cleveland Heights.
Here are some of Lynn’s picks:
- Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor
- Boo, Boo, I love you by Sandra Magsamen
- Little Shop of Monsters by R.L. Stein and Marc Brown
- Ghost in the House by Ammi-Jon Paquette
- The Very Fairy Princess, A Spooky, Sparkly Halloween by Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton
- Pete, the Cat Five Little Pumpkins by James Dean
- Scaredy-Cat,Splat by Rob Scotton
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Two Little Witches, A Halloween Counting Story by Harriet Ziefert
- Guys Read Terrifying Tales edited by Jon Scieszka
- The Witches Supermarket by Susan Meddaugh
Aurora Farms: The Pink Event
It’s an excuse to go shopping! You’ll save money while also helping in the fight against breast cancer. Now through October 31st, head to Aurora Premium Outlets to donate $10 to benefit Susan G. Komen and you’ll receive a voucher for 25% off one item.
It’s your favorite fall flavor – but do you know all the tricks to making great pumpkin soup? Marianne Marjanovic from The Soup Pot joined us in the kitchen with their secret recipe.
Turn fresh herbs into herb vinegars you can use in any recipe! Kathleen Gips from The Western Reserve Society joined us with her fool-proof method.
Catch Kathleen at the Western Reserve Herb Society’s Herb Fair! It’s all happening this Saturday, October 10th, at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens from 10a-3p.
Operation Zombie Strike
It’s fall fun for the whole family! Here to talk about Operation Zombie Strike was Brian McCrodden from Swings-N-Things Family Fun Park. For $19.99, you can get a zombie briefing, an assigned mission, 100 paintballs and a photo ID card!
It’s happening Fridays and Saturdays until November 7th and Sundays until November 1st at Swings-N-Things Family Fun Park in Olmsted Township.
We stopped by the WGAR studios to meet one of the newest faces on the Country Music scene – Chris Lane!
You can see Chris Lane at the House of Blues! He’s headed to Cleveland with Dustin Lynch on February 19th.