Fire crews pull several dogs, one cat from Euclid house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EUCLID, Ohio -- Several dogs and a cat were pulled from a house fire on Nicholas Avenue in Euclid Thursday.

Euclid fire officials say the fire broke out at 22731 Nicholas Ave. at around 8 a.m. Thursday morning. It started as a kitchen fire over the stove.

Firefighters were able to get 18 dogs and one cat out of the home. One dog and one cat died.

Officials say the owner of the home fosters animals for Cleveland Animal Control.

Stick with Fox 8 and Fox8.com for more.

Google Map for coordinates 41.593595 by -81.523367.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.