Red Cross launches new app with essential information for emergencies
CLEVELAND – The American Red Cross has announced the launch of their new app, allowing easy access to life-saving information about emergency situations.
The app will give instant access to weather alerts, ways to contact family and friends in emergencies.
The app offers expert advice for hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, home fires, wildfires and more. The app is free and available for smartphones and tablets.
“When an emergency occurs, it’s important for families to stay safe and connected,” said Christine Moran, Regional Communications Officer for the Northeast Ohio Region said in a release. “Our Emergency App does that. It covers 14 different types of disasters and lets users customize more than 35 emergency alerts so that they will know what to do no matter where they live or travel.”
The Emergency App has many useful features:
- Emergency first aid information for situations like heart attacks, heat-related emergencies and water safety information
- Preloaded content to help users gain guidance from Red Cross experts even without mobile connectivity
- A map with open Red Cross shelter locations and weather information in your area
- A home fire section with prevention and safety tips as well as Red Cross “After the Fire” information and resources
- A “Make a Plan” feature to help families plan what to do and where to go if a disaster strikes
- The ability to toggle between English and Spanish