2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee exhibit to open April 11
CLEVELAND – The latest exhibit to open at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will feature all of the 2015 inductees.
The 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Exhibit will open this coming Saturday, April 11. It will highlight the careers and music of this year’s inductees: The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, The “5” Royales, Green Day, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Lou Reed, Ringo Starr, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble and Bill Withers.
**click here for the complete guide to Cleveland Rock Week**
Some of the items in the 2015 Inductee Exhibit, located in the Ahmet M. Ertegun Exhibition Hall on the lower level, include:
- Stevie Ray Vaughan’s butterscotch Fender Stratocaster, featuring a custom tiger stripe pickguard that is a homage to Buddy Guy, one of Vaughan’s biggest musical influences
- Lou Reed’s Bolin guitar and Soldano amp, which were essential in creating his unmistakable guitar tone
- Bill Withers’ Martin acoustic guitar, a stalwart with him on stage during much of his career
- Ringo Starr’s drum kit, the backbeat of the British Invasion, which was used with the Beatles from 1964 to 1968
- Paul Butterfield’s harmonicas and their custom case
- Tré Cool of Green Day’s drum kit which he lit on fire at the 1998 HFStival at RFK Stadium
- Instruments and clothing from Joan Jett and each member of the Blackhearts
- Original recordings of The “5” Royales’ songs that were later covered by artists from James Brown to Mick Jagger and Derek and The Dominos
The exhibit will also feature a multimedia highlight reel of speeches and special moments from the past 29 years of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s Induction Ceremony, including behind-the-scenes footage, rehearsals and performances.
A new video in the entrance lobby to the Hall of Fame gallery will be added in the coming weeks and will feature the top 10 greatest induction performances and fans are being asked to choose them!You can head to www.rockhall.com to cast your vote by clicking here.
Celebration Day on April 11 is the kick off to Cleveland Rock Week. Admission to the museum is free and there will be live local entertainment. The daylong celebration begins at 9 a.m. at the Museum and concludes with a Rock N’ Blast fireworks show at 8 p.m. at Voinovich Park. The week concludes on April 18th, with the 30th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Cleveland’s Public Hall.