Hollywood & Dine
David may be out of town, but he still delivered another great recipe for you! We went inside David’s home for some St. Patty’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Take a look at our video clip!
Sandy Buffie Designs
You could never guess what these items are made out of! Sandy Buffie from Sandy Buffie designs joined Natalie in studio with her beautifully re-purposed designs. Take a look at our video clip to see what we mean!
The Cleveland Auto Show
Natalie went inside the I-X Center to check out the Cleveland Auto Show! We took a look at one some of the most talked about cars – the Ford Gt, as well as Lebron’s car!
You have until Sunday, March 15th, to get to the I-X Center for the Cleveland Auto Show!
Eat This and Never Diet
Laura Jeffers, a Registered Dietician from The Cleveland Clinic joined us with the foods you’ll need to slim down this summer!
Take a look:
- Garlic: This herb does more than just give meals extra flavor and scent—it can also help keep your tummy flat through its naturally occurring chemical allicin, says registered dietitian and Nutritious Life founder Keri Glassman. “Allicin kills off harmful bacteria in your digestive tract to keep your gut healthy and functioning, which means less bloat.”
- Beans: When you’re craving carbs, look no further than the legume family, says registered dietitian and food and nutrition consultant Rachel Begun. Beans are unique in that they offer significant amounts of both fiber and protein in one package — one cup of black beans has a whopping 17 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein.
- Seaweed: Perhaps we should take tips from the Japanese, whose country has one of the lowest obesity rates in the world, says registered dietitian and Appetite for Health cofounder Julie Upton. One of their staples is wakame, a type of nutrient- and protein-rich seaweed. Compounds isolated from wakame, [known as] fucoxanthin, have been shown to help increase fat burning in animal model studies says Upton.
- Jalapenos: Good news for those who like it hot. Jalapeno peppers contain an antioxidant called capsaicin, which acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory and metabolism booster, says Glassman Some studies have found that people who eat pepper-packed meals feel less hungry and burn more calories later.
- White Potatoes: Who said all white foods are off-limits? White potatoes are actually a slimming food, says Glassman. The reason: They’re full of rich resistant starch, a compound that ferments in the gut and creates butyrate, a fatty acid that may spur your body to burn more fat.
You know what goes great with diet? Exercise! Natalie took us inside Planet Fitness to see what all the hype is about.
Planet Fitness has more than a dozen locations in Northeast Ohio. To find the one closest to you, visit their website:
Clover Road Cream Cheese
It started as a delicious experiment and grew into a local company producing fresh cream cheese using milk from grass-fed cows. We went inside Clover Road Cream Cheese to sample!
You can find Clover Road Cream Cheese on Saturdays at the Indoor Winter Farmer’s Market in Shaker Heights.
The Bakery Shoppe
We learned the secrets to making fresh-baked cinnamon rolls! Darlene Pfeiffer and Keni Scherbinski from The Bakery Shoppe took over our kitchen with their delicious treats, sandwiches and more. Take a look at our video clip!
Angie’s Soul Cafe
We gave you a taste of the South at Angie’s Soul Cafe! They have three locations in Cleveland, but we visited their restaurant on St. Clair and East 34th Street.
From Midtown to Solo (South of Lorain Avenue), we took you inside Platform Brew Company! Not just any brewery, they create delicious, hand-crafted beers and also create opportunities for home brewers.
There’s always something happening at Platform. Tomorrow night, March 12th, is “Thursday Threesome.” Celebrate with meat, beer, and cheese!