Chicken Piccatta and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 C. flour
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- Olive Oil
- ½ C. Butter
- ½ C. heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. (more or less) Lemon juice
- Artichoke Hearts
Wash, Clean and cut chicken into pieces
In a baggie, combine flour, and seasonings. Coat chicken in flour mixture.
Heat oil in skillet; fry chicken until lightly brown on both sides.
In a small saucepan, melt butter; add lemon juice and cream. Milk can be substituted for cream. Cook and stir a few minutes. Taste and adjust to preference.
Layer chicken, artichokes, and capers. Pour sauce over top. Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and serve with pasta.
Fresh Bruschetta with Herbed Goat Cheese
- 6 –10 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- ½ Small Onion, finely minced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Basil, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
Combine all the ingredients. Add 1-2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar. Toss well, then drain some of the juice off.
- 4 oz. Goat cheese, softened (I prefer McKenzie Creamery Goat Cheese)
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash Pepper
- Dash Paprika
- Dash Salt
- Dash Parsley
Mix well together. Remember – always season to your own tastes. Use only a little of this on the bread.
- 1 loaf of Fresh Bread – cut on the diagonal.
- Olive Oil
Brush bread with Olive Oil, then bake until lightly crispy.