It's the time of year when nothing sounds better than a warm hearty meal.
Stefanie Paganini, from The Loretta Paganini School of Cooking, visited FOX 8 with an easy but delicious crock-pot dinner.
Beef Masaman Curry
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef chuck, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Masaman curry paste
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce or Thai Fish sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup green peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup peanuts, ground
Heat oils in a large sauté pan. Add onions and beef and sauté until beef is cooked. Transfer onion and beef to the crock pot. Add garlic and curry paste. Add stock, coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, peas, and soy sauce and simmer to blend flavors until potatoes are tender on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Adjust flavors to taste.
Serve over rice garnished with peanuts.