Man burned trying to save dogs in pawn shop fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CANTON, Ohio — A man was burned trying to save his dogs from a fire at a Canton pawn/repair shop Tuesday night.

According to the Canton Fire Department, the fire broke out at about 5:10 p.m. at Andrew’s Saw Co. on Dueber Avenue S.W.

One man was taken to the hospital with burns after he tried to get into the building to save his two dogs. The dogs did die in the fire, according to firefighters.

The fire is under investigation. About $100,000 worth of damage was done to the structure and about $50,000 to the contents. Another business was also damaged in the blaze.

One firefighter was also injured, but was not taken to the hospital.