Pretzel Crusted Chicken
Recipe from The Cheesecake Factory
- 9 oz. pretzels (sticks or twists)
- 2 oz. panko breadcrumbs
- 30 pieces chicken breast (cut into 1" wide and 4 - 5" long)
- 30 bamboo skewers
- 2 oz. all-purpose flour
- 6 oz. buttermilk
- Canola oil (as needed)
- 1 cup honey mustard sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Place the pretzels into a food processor or crush by hand into small pieces.
- Place the crushed pretzels and panko bread crumbs into mixing bowls. Gently mix the crushed pretzels and panko together until evenly combined.
- Gently flatten the thicker ends of the chicken pieces. Skewer each chicken portion (lengthwise, 1 chicken portion per skewer).
- Dredge the chicken into the seasoned flour shaking off any excess. Dip the floured chicken skewer into the buttermilk coating it evenly all over. Finally dip the skewer into the pretzel/breadcrumb mixture until it is completely coated. Gently press the pretzel mixture into the chicken to help it hold. Place the breaded chicken skewers into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Heat the canol oil to 350-degrees in a dep fry pan or skillet. Carefully place the breaded chicken skewers into the hot oil (a few at a time) and cook until dark browns and crispy.
- Ladle the honey mustard sauce and ranch dressing into small sauce dishes. Place the sauces onto a large platter.
- Arrange some of the chicken skewers onto the platter next to the sauces.
Makes 30 skewers