Garlic Chicken BLT
Recipe from Chris DiLisa, Executive Chef and owner of The Willeyville
This dish will be featured during the Cleveland Garlic Festival this weekend at Shaker Square. Click here for more information.
- 1 whole chicken-boned out with skin on
- 2 bulbs garlic-broken in mortar and pestle
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Lay out boned out chicken…season with salt and pepper
- Liberally smear garlic over the inside cavity
- Roll up and then roll into plastic wrap
- Seal up for poaching in chicken stock
- Cook for 1hr and 45 minutes
Grean leaf puree
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce
- 2 T roasted garlic
- 1 t lemon salt
- 2 T oil
- Blanch green leaf lettuce then shock in cold water.
- Once cold, dry lettuce then rough chop.
- Put all in blender and then blend until smooth, adjust seasoning
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- X the top of tomato, blanch in boiling water, then shock
- Peel the tomatoes once cool