Uncle Charley’s Sausage Recipes
CHILI & HONEY SAUSAGE BITES
(Serves 8, 48 pieces)
- 8 Uncle Charley’s Sweet Italian Sausage Links
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Grill / Broil Sausage until fully cooked. Once cooked, cut each sausage link into 6 pieces.
- Put the honey and chili sauce in a pan and warm on low heat. When it starts to lightly bubble, add the Uncle Charley Sausage pieces and toss in the sauce for a few minutes. Do not overheat or cook for a long time or the honey-chili mix will turn to brittle toffee.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan on a low heat for a couple of minutes, tossing regularly. Tip the sausage into a serving bowl and sprinkle the seeds over top. Slightly warm for best flavor
EASY SAUSAGE STRATA
- 1 package of Uncle Charley’s Sausage Grillers (5 links) – Sweet or Hot Italian
- 6 (1 ounce) slices of bread, cubed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- Place sausage in a large deep skillet with water nearly covering the sausage. Poach sausage over medium heat for 12 minutes to 15 minutes. Remove water and brown sausage over medium heat, turning to brown on all sides. Remove sausage and cut into 1/8th inch slices.
- Layer bread cubes, sausage and Cheddar cheese in a lightly greased 7X11 inch baking dish. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours over night.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
CASSERUOLA SALICCIA PATATA (Sausage and Potato Casserole)
- 8 Uncle Charley’s Sausage Sweet Italian Grillers
- 4 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoons of salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Heat a large, deep skillet (one with a lid) and pan fry sausage until nearly cooked through. Remove sausage and set aside to cool.
- Add olive oil to skillet . Add peppers, onion, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper; toss to evenly coat and scrape any flavorful bits from the pan. Cover with lid and sauté for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausage links into ½ inch slices. Remove lid from skillet during last 5 minutes of cooking and add sausage slices. As well as oregano and parsley. Stir during the 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add tomato sauce and white wine and mix well
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Transfer contents of the pan into a baking dish that has been lightly covered with olive oil. Sprinkle grated Romano cheese over dish and mix
- Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven, arrange on platter, sprinkle additional Romano cheese on top and serve.