WISCONSIN — A Wisconsin family is looking for answers in the death of their 12-year-old daughter, who died after going to the doctor.
According to WITI, Rebecca Prohaska took her daughter, Meredith, to the doctor for a sore throat last month.
While they were there, Meredith received her first HPV vaccine.
Rebecca told WITI, “Thirty minutes later she was trying to sleep. I kept waking her up.” A short time later, she found Meredith on the floor; she started performing CPR and called 911.
She was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Rebecca said she remembers that an allergic reaction was a rare potential side effect of the vaccine, but Meredith’s cause of death was ruled inconclusive.