Cooking with Lemonade
Recipes compliments of: Judi Strauss, The Charmed Kitchen
Recipe for Homemade Lemonade Concentrate
Lemonade Glaze for Chicken or Pork
- 2 T. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 12 oz. lemonade concentrate
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 T. prepared mustard
- 3 T. honey
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. ginger
- 2 t. salt, or to taste
Heat oil in pan and cook onion until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add remaining ingredients and cook until mixture has cooked down and thickened- about 10-15 minutes on medium high heat. Stir occasionally. You should end up with about 1½ of glaze.
To use: Brush on meat during last 15 minutes of cooking if baking or grilling. Add in last 5 minutes if cooking in a pan.
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ c. lemonade concentrate
- 2 oz. lemonade concentrate
- 2T. sugar
In bowl beat butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs. Combine flour with the baking soda. Add half of the flour mixture to butter mixture and beat in. Add half of the lemonade and beat in. Repeat with remaining flour and lemonade. Chill dough 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Scoop dough onto lightly greased cookies sheets. I used a 1 oz. cookies scoop- or just make each one about 2 tablespoons of dough. Space at least an inch apart as cookies will spread a little. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just turning golden on top. Cool and then brush with a little lemonade concentrate and sprinkle with sugar. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Lemonade Mustard Dressing
- ½ c. oil
- 1/3 c. lemonade concentrate
- 2 T, whole grain mustard
- 1 t. hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 t. salt, or to taste
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Serve as a salad dressing on mixed greens or with assorted veggies.
Corn Salad with Lemonade Mustard Dressing
- 6 c. cooked corn, off the cob
- 1 sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- ½ c, chopped fresh parsley
- 1 recipe lemonade mustard dressing- recipe above
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill at least an hour before serving. Serves 8.
- 1 12 oz. orange juice concentrate
- 1 12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 c. water
- 7 c. lemon-lime soda
- 2 c. strong tea (use 6 bags)
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 3 c. bourbon, gin, rum or vodka
Combine and store in airtight container in freezer. It will turn to slush. Ladle into glass with additional soda when serving.