Five Ingredient Frosting
Compliments of: Sweets by Nichole
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- salt, pinch
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Add butter and water to stand mixer and begin to whip on medium low speed.
2. While mixing, add vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Continue to mix until light and fluffy.
3. Stop mixer and add powdered sugar in 3-4 stages, stopping the mixer with each addition.
4. At this point the frosting is very stiff. While on low, slowly add heavy cream. Increase speed of mixer to high and mix for about 3 minutes, until frosting is soft and fluffy.
5. Optional coloring: reduce mixer speed to low and add a few drops of desired food coloring. Continue to beat on high until color is thoroughly incorporated.
Yields enough buttercream to frost 24 cupcakes, or one 9×13″ sheet cake, or one double-layer 8″ round cake.