Dog’s non-stop ‘business’ on plane causes major stink

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Kansas City, MO — A service dog had to go. And go again. And by the time the dog was done relieving himself, the noxious smell forced a passenger jet to make an unscheduled stop at Kansas City International Airport for a cleanup on aisle one.

The U.S. Airways flight had been delayed for about two hours in Los Angeles. When the plane finally pushed back and took off for Philadelphia, the passengers settled in for what they hoped would be a routine flight.

Instead, some passengers woke from a sound sleep to a horrible smell.

“About an hour into the flight, I started smelling this terrible smell. I look up the aisleway and there’s a dog pooping right in the middle of the aisle. It’s a big dog, 3′ to 4′ tall or long, and he was just going,” passenger Steve McCall told Inside Edition, which airs at 6:30 p.m. on KCTV5.

Passengers took to Twitter to share the well, crappy details.

Passenger Chris Law took pictures and tweeted: “So the full-sized dog that’s on my flight, well it did what dogs do & went to the bathroom when it felt like it smack dab in the middle of aisle.”

The crew did their best to clean up the mess. An hour later, the smells lingered in the cabin. And the dog had to go again.

“An hour later, it still smelled bad, and after they cleaned it all up, it pooped again!” McCall told Inside Edition.

That pushed some passengers over the edge.

“A couple of people started dry-heaving. A couple of people were throwing up,” McCall said.

Another passenger tweeted: “Can’t make this up. The dog has now (blanked) twice.”

The crew again frantically tried to clean up the dog’s mess, but ran out of paper towels.

The pilot decided to divert to Kansas City International Airport for an *ahem* pit stop for ground crews to clean up and for the doggie to take a more routine potty break.

The dog’s owner was truly remorseful, passengers said.

McCall said, “She said, ‘Hey, so sorry, I want to get all your addresses so I can give you a Starbucks gift card.'”

KCI spokesman Joe McBride told KCTV5 that the May 28 flight was not an emergency landing.

The plane eventually made its way to Philly.

“This is the most unique flight experience I’ve ever had!” McCall said.