Bread and Butter Pickles
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeff Jarrett, AMP 150
- 5# pickling cucumbers
- 1 ¼# white onion, sliced thin
- 6 cups apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 7 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 ¼ teaspoons mustard seed
- 5 teaspoons celery seed
- 5 teaspoons whole all spice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- Combine onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, turmeric, mustard seed, celery seed, all spice, and coriander seed in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin, slice the cucumbers thin, roughly 1/8” thick.
- Put the cucumbers into your desired container (mason jars, Tupperware, bucket, etc.) and then pour the hot vinegar mixture over top the cucumbers.
- Refrigerate. Allow to sit overnight for best results.