EUCLID, Oh - Crews with the Euclid Fire Department, the Euclid Police Department, and Dominion Natural gas are on the scene of a house explosion on East 193rd Street.
“We got the call around 10:30 from a neighbor saying there was a house explosion. When crews arrived, there was a strong odor of natural gas coming from the home,” said Chief Chris Haddock, with the Euclid Fire Department.
Crews immediately shut off the gas.
“There was significant damage to the structure. The house is vacant, however. Crews ventilated the structure and were able to make entry on these second floor where there was a small fire on the second floor, which they extinguished,” added the Chief.
The fire investigative unit is on scene trying to figure out where the fire started.
Meantime, crews are ventilating the house to make sure no natural gas remains.
The Chief says there is significant damage to the foundation of the home.
There was no damage to the neighboring homes.