Zucchini Pasta with Marinara
Compliments of: Marisa DiCenso-Pelser, Raw Trainer
ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH MARINARA
- 2½ cups tomatoes, diced
- 10 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 dates, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black Pepper to taste
For thinner sauce: Place all ingredients into food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
For thicker sauce: Use hand style chopper or mix by hand ensuring to break up dates and sundried tomatoes.
- 2 zucchini squash, shredded into “noodles”
For Saladacco cutter/spiralizer: Cut squash into 3 inch slices & run through machine.
You can purchase my favorite spiralizer (Helen Chen’s) at my Raw Trainer Store.
For spaghetti noodles by hand: Use standard grater for fine noodles or make larger fettuccini style noodles by utilize carrot slicer.
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
In a blender or food processor, pulse all ingredients until smooth.
Mac not Cheese Sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, large
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, large
- ½ lemon, juiced
Blend in Vitamix until smooth.
EASY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup water
- 1 collard leaf, Swiss chard or Ezekiel wrap
- handful sprouts
- 1 carrot, julienne
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, julienne
- 1 avocado, cubed
- handful raisins or shredded apple (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite dressing, dip, or spread
Lay the collard leaves flat with the insides facing up. Place all the ingredients on one leaf and wrap tightly.
MARISA’S RAW BROWNIES
- 3 cups walnuts, unsoaked
- 1 cup dates, unsoaked, pitted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Dash of seat salt
Put all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and mix until dough like texture. Spread in a square 8 x 8 pan.
To make a nut brownie, prepare with only 2 cups walnuts. Chop the remaining cup in pieces. Add by hand to the blended mixture before spreading in the pan.