February 4, 2014
Valentine’s Day Sweets
We started off the show in the best way possible – with bacon! The owner of The Cute Little Cake Shop, Janet Yurik, joined David for Valentine’s Day Goodies! Check out our video clip for her Maple-Glazed Bacon and adorable Cake Pops.
The Cute Little Cake Shop features over 200 flavors of gourmet Cake Balls & Cake Pops and over 50 flavors of cupcakes!!
Not only is a new fragrance a great way to update your wardrobe for the New Year, but these designer scents are an affordable, easy way to wear your favorite labels! Becci Mannella from Sephora brought the latest in designer fragrances.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana White and Black
- Tory Burch
- Balenciaga Rosabotanica
- Marchesa Awards Season Collector’s Edition
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
- Prada Luna Rossa
Looking for a great date? Get out of your house and into the Cool Beans Cafe kitchen! We headed there for a look at their cooking classes.
Cool Bean is located in Medina on Liberty Street
There’s a good chance you’re already fed up with Winter and ready to hit the road! Angie McClure as the solution! She brought us the deal of the week:
- 12 miles off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Island is only 28 miles long/10 miles wide
- Known for great beaches, diving and snorkeling
- Cruise port city so wonderful shopping and great excursions
- 2 Great Hotels by AM Resorts: Adult-Only Secrets Aura or Family-Friendly Sunscape Cozumel
Gentlemen – we’re making Valentine’s Day easy! One stop shopping for all you need: Candy, flowers, steak dinner. Just head to Market District!
Thanks to Market District, you can win a $50 gift card! To enter, visit the contest page on http://www.fox8.com.
Dr. Marc was back from The Cleveland Clinic to start off “Heart Month” in February with us! The Cleveland Clinic and Panera have teamed up to offer all of us some healthy options:
- Whole grain bagel with a side of peanut butter (tsp.) paired with a fruit bowl and cup of coffee.
Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Roasted Turkey
- All-natural, antibiotic-free roasted turkey, egg whites, warm baby spinach and roasted peppers with basil pesto.
You Pick Two:
- Half Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (minus gorgonzola) paired with half Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich description: Zesty Peppadew™ piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro jalapeño hummus on our whole grain bread.
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad description: All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, mixed field greens, romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, pecans and apple chips with a white balsamic apple vinaigrette.
Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
- Description: All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine lettuce, fresh cilantro, sliced almonds, sesame seeds and crispy wonton strips with our reduced-sugar Asian sesame vinaigrette.
Oliver and Henry’s
We are counting down the days until Valentine’s Day! But when you do your shopping, be sure to remember your four-legged friends. We headed to Oliver & Henry’s in Westlake!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, Oliver & Henry’s is offering a little extra pampering for dogs when they get groomed. Each pooch will receive a Holiday Bandana and a special treat!
Jump Back Ball
David joined Dante Boccuzzi in the kitchen! Dante is the brains behind several local restaurants: Dante, D-C Pasta, and Ginko just to name a few. You can also enjoy his food at the Playhouse Square event happening this month!
Jump Back Ball 0023: Shaken, Not Stirred is happening Saturday, February 22, and benefits the non-profit mission of Playhouse Square. 1000 guests will attend the sold-out event, however a limited number of tickets are available by purchasing a sponsorship.