New Traffic Cameras in Position; Warnings Possible
CLEVELAND — New photo enforcement cameras, better known as “red light” or “traffic” cameras, have been installed in Cleveland.
Beginning Thursday, warnings may be issued to drivers who run red lights or speed in the area of the fixed units.
The cameras will become fully operational on Feb. 6, meaning you could get a ticket for violations made then or thereafter.
Cleveland announced the following new fixed camera locations:
- Orange Avenue at East 30th Street
- Kinsman Road at East 93rd Street
- Pearl Road at Denison Avenue
- Puritas Avenue at West 150th Street
- St. Clair Avenue at East 55th Street
The city has 49 fixed camera sites and 15 portable sites. The fixed cameras are constantly rolling and the footage may be reviewed if a crime occurs in their area.