Chef Nathan Guzik from The Pub at Beachwood Place showed Fox 8's Stefani Schaefer how to make the traditional British meal.
Meat Mixture Ingredients
Olive Oil 1 teaspoon
Ground Beef 1 lb
Ground Lamb ½ lb
Yellow Onion, Small Dice ¼ cup
Celery, Small Dice ¼ cup
Green Bell Pepper, Small Dice ¼ cup
Minced Garlic 2 teaspoons
Worcestershire Sauce 1 teaspoon
Tabasco Sauce 1 teaspoon
Kosher Salt ½ teaspoon
Ground Black Pepper 1 teaspoon
Cumin ¼ teaspoon
Thyme ¼ teaspoon
Peas & Carrots 1 cup of each
- Using a stock pot on medium heat, add oil. When hot add ground beef and lamb. Cook for 15-20 minutes breaking up meat and stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain oil
Chive Whipped Potatoes
Milk ½ Cup
Butter 3 tablespoons
Salt Pinch or To Taste
- Place potatoes in a stock pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender. (approximately 20 min.)
- While potatoes are cooking, place saucepot over low heat and add milk, butter, and salt. Whisk to incorporate while heating.
- When potatoes finish cooking, drain water and place in mixing bowl with whip attachment. Whip potatoes and slowly add the ingredients from the sauce pan until fully incorporated.
- Lightly spray a baking dish
- Add beef mixture in an even layer and top with an even layer of peas & carrots
- Ladle even layer of gravy and add an even layer of mashed potatoes
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and bake at 350 or until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes)