CLEVELAND — A house fire in Cleveland was so intense it melted some of the lights on the fire truck, and that’s just a fraction of the damage.
The home on East 95th Street and Cedar burned to its foundation Friday morning. A car in the driveway was also destroyed.
A nearby garage and two other houses sustained heat damage.
The call for help was made around 9:06 a.m.
Two teenage children were at home with their mother at the time of the blaze.
By the time firefighters got there, the family had made it outside, although the daughter had to jump from a second story window.
The mother and daughter were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center for treatment. They were listed in stable condition.
Details on their injuries were not known and the victims’ names were not released.
One other person who lived at the home was not there during the ordeal.
According to the Cleveland Division of Fire, frozen hydrants created a challenge.
They tried three that did not work before they found a fourth that did. By that time, the house was already collapsing.
A preliminary cause was determined to be a space heater that caught a couch cushion on fire.