December 5, 2013
Dr. Marc Live
It’s an exciting day for Fox 8! The very first Dr. Marc Special air tonight! Dr. Marc Gillinov joined us in studio to talk Holiday health.
Be sure to catch Dr. Marc’s Holiday Health Helpers show tonight (December 5, 2013) at 7:30 pm on Fox 8. He will have even more tips to keep you healthy this Holiday season, including the most dangerous days for heart attacks, and 3 things you should know to prevent a heart attack. Come ready to exercise because he is doing the whole show from a treadmill and he wants you to join him! So fire up your treadmill, elliptical machine, or just make some space in your TV room. He will have lifesaving information for you!
Natalie welcomed the very funny Jake Johannsen to the studio! Catch him tonight through Sunday at Hilarities – also take a look at our video clip for his hilarious interview!
Organizing Holiday Decorations
Did you know decorating for the Holidays is the perfect time to get organized? Here to show us how was Patty Clair from Keeping It Simple. Here’s some of her best tips:
1. Use this year’s cards as thank you postcards or as gift tags for next year’s gifts.
2. Before you head out the door to shop at the after Christmas sales, really take an inventory of what you need for the following year.
3. Update addresses if you received any returned cards.
4. Try to look at new gifts received as “replacements for” not “additions to” whenever practicable. Go with the “one in, one out” rule whenever possible.
5. Place the items that you did not use this year in a box labeled “did not use in 2013” and put it away with the rest of your decorations. When you decorate the following year, reassess the items that were not used in the prior year. If they still don’t make the cut, donate them to the local thrift store or nursing home. The system also works especially well for the thrift store because you donate the items at a time when they are most marketable, as opposed to right after the holidays when the holiday items are no longer in demand.
6. Use appropriate sized clear plastic bins. They are so helpful as they stack well and most important: allow you to see what is inside.
First and Main
Wouldn’t it be nice to drive to one place and get all of your Holiday shopping done? You may be able to do just that – by visiting First and Main in Hudson! We stroll the street for great shopping, food and plenty of Holiday activities!
Sunday (December 8, 2013) is a great day to stop by First and Main. It’s the Hudson Holiday Walk. There are activities planned all day – starting at noon. Bands, caroling, live reindeer, and dinner with Santa!
Moss at the Movies
David took us inside the biggest blockbuster of the season! He sat down with the stars of “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Evangeline Lilly and Luke Evans!
Books of the Season
It’s the perfect time of season to snuggle up with a good book! Slyvia Scherma joined us from Barnes and Noble with a list of this season’s must-reads!
- David and Goliath – By Malcolm Gladwell
- Inferno – By Dan Brown
- Dust – By Patricia Cornwell
- Doctor Sleep – By Stephen King
- We Are Water – By Wally Lamb
- The Bully Pulpit – By Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Sycamore Row – By John Grisham
- Things That Matter – By Charles Krauthammer
- The Valley of Amazement – By Amy Tan
- The Goldfinch – By Donna Tartt
- Longbourn – By Jo Baker
Museum of Divine Statues
Looking for a way to reflect during the Holidays? There’s a great place to visit in Lakewood that will remind you of the real reason for the season – it’s the Museum of Divine Statues. Natalie took us inside to learn more!
The Museum of Divine Statues is open on Sundays – this weekend, in celebration of the Immaculate Conception, admission is half price! That’s only $4 per person!
We ended the show with an Italian Feast! Fanucci’s is our Real Deal of the Week! That means, you can head to http://www.fox8.com and purchase a $50 gift card for only $25!