Dolphins’ Jonathan Martin Will not return to NFL this season

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Credit: MGN Online

(CNN) — Jonathan Martin, who left the Miami Dolphins in October and accused teammates of violently harassing him, will not return to the field this season.

The National Football League team Saturday said Martin had been placed on the “reserve/non-football illness” list, making him ineligible to return until next season.

Martin’s attorney has said Martin, a tackle, was taunted and abused by teammates, one of whom physically attacked him.

The Dolphins suspended lineman Richie Incognito, who has acknowledged using the “n-word” and violent language in messages to Martin.

Incognito has said Martin is his friend. He said coarse language is a part of the locker room culture. He is appealing his suspension.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

2 comments

  • Jim

    If we can’t use the “n” word, then DON’T use the “w” word either!!!
    Let this cry baby stay out of football, he’s too much of a wuss to play a mans game anyway.. CRY BABY WUSS!!!!

Comments are closed.