Black Friday Bullet Points
You may have done your research, or you may be shopping by the seat of your pants.
Either way, this quick guide will help you keep your focus this Black Friday.
When shopping, remember this:
- Consider Your Options: Black Thursday may be becoming the new Black Friday. See what stores will be open on Thanksgiving. Also remember your savings may depend on what day you shop.
- Be Sidewalk Savvy: No matter how much you’ve prepared, ask questions while waiting outside the store. Associates or even managers may be available to guide you.
- Location, Location, Location: Black Friday’s biggest markdowns have traditionally been on electronics. That’s where competition is expected to be most fierce in 2013. Electronics are often spread out throughout the store so there isn’t a big group of people in one place.
- Understand the TV Tiers: If a big screen is in your future, you will be glad you clicked here.
- Don’t Get Lost in the Racks: When shopping for clothes and shoes, stick to the aisles. The best deals will likely be displayed on the end caps.
- Supersized Savings: Maximize savings by using coupons on top of your deals.
- Play the Game: Have a strategy, and know what others do that works and doesn’t. Here’s a good example.
- It All ‘Ads’ Up: Here’s a complete list of Black Friday sales and ads.
- Keep Reading: Rely on Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for more Black Friday coverage.
(Fox 8’s Lorrie Taylor contributed to this report.)