November 21, 2013
Cleveland Chef’s Thanksgiving
What do our favorite local chef’s make for their own families during the Holidays? We are finding out just in time for Thanksgiving! Our next Cleveland Chef was Eric Williams from Momocho – take a look at our video clip for his easy side dish!
Pickwick & Frolic
It’s a big weekend at Pickwick & Frolic! Here with all the details was Owner, Nick Kostis!
See Comedian, Tom Green tonight through Satuday, November 23rd! George Wallace is also arriving at Hilarities on the Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend! (November 29th and 30th).
Great American Smokeout
Today is the day to take the pledge and quit smoking! It’s the Great American Smokeout. Dr. Sudish Murhty from the Cleveland Clinic joined Natalie for more information!
The health benefits of quitting start immediately from the moment of smoking cessation. Quitting while you are younger will reduce your health risks more, but quitting at any age can give back years of life that would be lost by continuing to smoke
- After 20 minutes – your heart rate and blood pressure drop
- After 12 hours – the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal
- After 2 wks – 3 months – your circulation improves and your lung function increases
- After 1-9 months – coughing and shortness of breath decrease
- After 1 year – the excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a continuing smoker’s
- After 5 years – risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus and bladder are cut in half
- After 10 years – risky of dying from lung cancer is about half that of a person who is still smoking
- After 15 years – risk of coronary heart disease is that of a non-smokers.
It’s won 8 Tony Awards including, “Best Musical” and now you can see “Once” at Playhouse Square! We went behind the scenes with one of the main characters – check out our video clip!
“Once” is on-stage now until November 24th at the Palace Theatre in Playhouse Square. Make sure you show up early! 15 minutes before the show starts, you can walk up to the bar on stage and order a drink! The music also starts at that time.
It’s a double dose of cooking! David headed back to the kitchen for Spanish Omelettes and Shrimps and Grits! BJ Mikoda from Valley Cafe was here with a breakfast – southern style. Check out our video clip!
Moss at the Movies
David took you behind the scenes of the highly anticipated film, “Dallas Buyers Club!” His star-studded interviews included Matthew McConnaughey, Jennifer Garner, and Jared Leto!
Fragments of the Invisible
It’s a very exciting time at the Cleveland Museum of Art! The newest exhibit, called Fragments of the Invisible, is making it’s American debut! We took you inside for a sneak peek.