- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 clovse of garlic, grated
- 1 medium to medium-large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound of chopped ripe tomatoes (16 oz. can)
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1-2 rounded tablespoons of chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a skillet, sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil until onions are translucent. Now add the shrimp and cook half way on both sides until color has turned slightly orange. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper, capers, yellow mustard and ketchup, and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens.
Toss in the crumbled feta cheese into the sauce between the shrimp. Finish off the sauce and dish until the feta cheese has slightly melted.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot. If you would like to make a meal of this appetizer, “meze”, you can add more shrimp to the dish and also place over any pasta or rice.