Bill Nighy – Arrabiata Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ C. Red wine
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbs fresh chopped basil
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-28 oz can diced or chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste (1/2 tsp kosher salt)
- 2 tbs fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- ½ C. grated cheese for topping (parmesan or pecorino romano)
- Penne pasta
In a sauce pan or very deep skillet, soften onions in olive oil over medium high heat (about 5 minutes).
Add garlic and red pepper flakes and continue cooking about 2 minutes.
Add wine, sugar basil and tomato paste to sauce pan.
Stir while cooking for about a minute.
Add tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve over penne pasta with a sprinkling of parsley and grated cheese.