Pumpkin Bisque Soup
Compliments of: Spice Kitchen & Bar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or mixture of sage, thyme, parsley, cinnamon, anise)
- 3 small-medium fall squash, quartered + roasted (butternut squash, acorn squash + pumpkin)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups half-and-half (or combination of half-and-half + whole milk)
- Kosher or sea salt + pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery to pot and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices and stir. Scrape roasted pumpkin/squash into pot, and add vegetable broth, honey, and salt + pepper. Stir well to combine; then simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half (or combo with half-and-half + whole milk) to finish; then puree in a blender (work in batches) until smooth.
- Optional garnish: crème friache + pecans