Crockpot Chicken and Sausage
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 0z Andouille sausage or sausage of choice cut into ½ in rounds
- 6 or 7 small redskin potatoes
- 1 large onion sliced
- Several small carrots or root vegetables
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ c. Chicken stock
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ c. Light brown sugar
- Spicy dry rub seasoning of choice
- Salt and pepper
Rinse and dry chicken. Season with dry rub ort a little salt and pepper. Line bottom of crockpot with chicken
Layer potatoes over chicken.
Layer sausage over potatoes.
Layer onions and carrots over sausage.
In a medium bowl, mix chicken stock, brown sugar, garlic and tomatoes with juice from can.
Pour mixture over onions, cover and cook for 7-8 hours.
P.S. you can omit potatoes and cook exactly the same. When it’s done, serve over rice or pasta.