Sandra Bullock – Stove Top Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb pasta (shells, elbows etc)
- 2 C. shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1 C. steamed vegetables of choice
- Salt to taste
- Optional: ¼ c. grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- Optional: ½ c. panko bread crumbs toasted
Boil pasta according to directions on package. Reserve ½ C. of pasta water. Drain pasta and return to hot pot.
Add cooked vegetables. Turn off heat.
Add cheese and gently fold or stir to melt cheese. As cheese starts to melt away, fold in sour cream and continue stirring until smooth. At this point, if it’s too sticky, add a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water. You can always add a little more cheese or sour cream if you like.
Taste and add salt to taste (1/4 tsp or so).
Toast panko bread crumbs in a skillet until golden and flavor with some of the grated Parmesan or Romano.
Serve with a sprinkling of bread crumbs and remaining grated Parmesan or Romano.