Inspired by “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2”
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, chopped into 1/4″ dice
- 2 cups sweet onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons ground chili pepper
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 small whole wheat flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
1. Heat saute pan over medium-high heat with olive oil.
2. Place ground beef and mushrooms in pan and saute for 3-5 minutes; season with pepper.
3. Remove beef and mushroom mixture to bowl.
4. Add onions to same pan and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
5. Add garlic to onions and cook until fragrant.
6. Add the beef/mushroom mixture and ground chili pepper to onions.
7. Saute 2-3 minutes, stirring.
8. To serve, toss shredded cabbage with black pepper, lime juice and cilantro.
9. Place 2 tablespoons of shredded cabbage and 1 tablespoon of chopped tomatoes on a tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons of mushroom/beef mixture.