Witness List Drafted Following Deadly Chase

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Photo Credit: Fox 8 News)

CLEVELAND — Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty said a grand jury will convene in about a month to determine if any criminal charges should be brought forward on the Nov. 29 police chase and shooting.

McGinty told Fox 8 he is in the process of putting a witness list together.

More than 100 Cleveland Police officers took part in the chase that started at the Justice Center when an officer thought someone in the suspect’s car fired a shot at him.

It ended in East Cleveland when 13 officers fired 137 shots.  The two suspects, Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams, were killed.

East Cleveland Mayor Gary Norton, Jr. said earlier this week if charges are not filed by the county, prosecutors in his city will consider filing negligent homicide charges against 12 of the 13 officers involved in the shooting.

Click here to read more on this story.