Pickled Green Beans
- ¾ pound trimmed green beans (remove stem ends and cut to fit in jar)
- 4 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Arrange green beans and garlic in clean glass jars.
In a medium saucepan bring vinegar, salt, chili flakes, peppercorns, mustard seeds, dill seeds, sugar to a boil.
Carefully pour vinegar mixture into jars, secure lids, and let cool to room temperature.
Refrigerate for at least 2 days. Pickled green beans can be refrigerated, up to 1 month. Makes 2 pints.