Complete list of high school football scores

All Lanes Reopened After Crash on I-77N

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CUYAHOGA HEIGHTS, Ohio-- An early morning tractor-trailer accident created headaches for drivers during the morning rush hour and into the afternoon.

At 5 p.m., all lanes in the area were reopened.

SkyFOX flew overhead as crews tried to clean up the accident that halted traffic on Interstate 77 near the Grant Avenue exit in Cuyahoga Heights Monday morning.

"It's a mess, man, you know? They could have had that cleaned up. That accident happened this morning about 5 something in the morning," said driver, Darnold Benton.

It was around 5:00 a.m. when the driver of an empty tractor-trailer lost control, sending it up an embankment, striking a tree.

"We were in it since almost 9:00 getting on the highway. There's a pretty bad tractor-trailer back there, pretty nasty," said another driver.

Police said the out of state driver was trapped in the wreckage and had to be cut out by Cuyahoga Heights firefighters.

"Just bumper to bumper and a lot of waiting and being patient that's all; be patient," said driver, Connie Underwood.

I-77 northbound was down to just one lane for all of the morning and much of the afternoon so crews could remove the wreckage. That meant many people were late getting to work or appointments.

"It was ridiculous. I was in there. I left three hours ago for work and just got out of it. It was not pleasant," said driver Keith Troyer from North Olmsted.

"Coming from Akron, took about, I was in it for about two and a half hours. Yeah, stopped back at Pleasant Valley and just sat for about 15 to 20 minutes in park for awhile, backed up pretty far," said driver, Paul Ousley.

Some drivers were stuck in traffic so long that they were in danger of running out of gas.

"Almost on E sitting in traffic. I was supposed to be to work at 10:00. I'm not gonna get in trouble. They say it's beyond my control," said driver, Randall Parsons.

The driver was flown to MetroHealth Medical Center.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol said his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

*Read more on the accident here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.