Fire Knocks Out Power to Neighborhood

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Photo Credit: MGN Online)

CLEVELAND — A neighborhood in Cleveland was without power after a fire caused an outage.

According to the Cleveland Fire Department, an overheated transformer went up in flames Thursday around 9 p.m. at West 110th Street and Clifton Avenue.

Four garages were damaged.

As of 6:30 a.m. Friday, about 50 homes were still without electricity.

It was expected to be restored within a few hours at most.