‘Glee’ Star Died of Mix of Heroin and Alcohol

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo Credit: Eva Rinaldi/MGN Online

By CNN Staff

(CNN) — “Glee” star Cory Monteith died as a result of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” the British Columbia Coroners Service said Tuesday.

Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room after he missed his checkout time.

Monteith spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.

*Read more on Cory Monteith.