Unusual Fire: Dog Bowl Sparks Flames

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

SANTA ROSA, California-- Firefighters in Santa Rosa said it's one of the most unusual fire calls they've ever had: a fire started because of a dog bowl.

KPIX reported a family put water in a dog bowl outside for their pet.

The family thinks the shiny dog bowl was reflecting a concentrated beam of sunlight onto the side of their house.

They said first they saw steam, then smoke, then flames.

The fire department was able to respond before the fire got out of control.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.