Chef Sarah Schoenberger from Whole Foods Market says the tropical flavors of mango and citrus complement the black beans in this colorful and healthy salad.
Mango, Avocado and Black Bean Salad with Lime Dressing
Tropical flavors of mango and citrus complement black beans in this colorful salad.
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, halved, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
Gently toss avocado with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice in a medium bowl. Add mango and jalapeño and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, zest, cilantro, salt, pepper and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in oil until thoroughly combined to make a thick dressing. Add avocado mixture and black beans and toss gently. Spoon salad onto plates, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.