April 11, 2013
Get ready to laugh this weekend! Our first guest is spending his weekend at Hilarities – and he loves Natalie’s feet! Click on our web video to watch Greg Fitzsimmons with Natalie!
Greg is at Hilarities tonight to April 13, 2013.
She’s one of our favorite mom chefs and she was back with Oreo Truffles! This is a super easy recipe that the kids can get involved in.
Click here for her recipe!
Everyone could use a weekend getaway! The Coupon Queen, Rachel Krych, was in studio with money-saving tips:
1. Be a visitor in your own town
* Find an inexpensive hotel (preferably with pool and FREE breakfast)
* Visit nearby shops, museums, and festivals that are new to you!
* Find coupons like the FREE Shore Savings Card on shoresandislands.com
2. Go camping
* FREE night of camping at most Ohio State parks on Thursday April 18th
3. Check out Groupon and Living Social
* Winter deal I found for Erie Islands Resort and Marina- Only $99 (two night stay, a wine and cheese reception, hot breakfast both mornings, and dinner for two one night)
4. Find the companies Facebook or Twitter page
* Many hotels and attractions will offer special deals just for their fans!
* Maui Sands Resort and Indoor Water Park – I found via Facebook
Great reviews are coming from Playhouse Square! War Horse opened on the Palace Theatre stage. The show features several life-sized horse puppets, each operated by three people. This time, we caught up with one of the horse puppeteers! Watch our video clip for the interview!
War Horse is at Playhouse Square now through April 21st. Tickets start at just $10!
Moss at the Movies
Moss took you to the movies! You got an inside look at the movies and stars of “42” and “The Place Beyond the Pines.”
Financial Road Map
Just like you map out vacations, you should be mapping out your finances! Here to help you get started was Tony Zabiegala from Strategic Wealth Partners.
Three important things to look at when drafting your financial road map:
- Identify your Family Index Number
- Family Index Number is the number or rate of return you need to achieve on your assets so that they last as long as you do. The number helps determine the individual’s risk profile.
- The index number yields a resulting percentage—how much risk the individual needs/can tolerate.
- One of the goals of the Family Index Number is to set reasonable expectations for retirement income and investor risk.
- Run a “Stress Test” on Your Retirement Plan
- The Stress Test is a series of “what if” scenarios.
- Things change in people’s lives and their financial plan needs to be able to change with it.
- Example scenarios: What happens if you lose your job, either from company downsizing or disability? Is your retirement age reasonable? What if the year you retire we experience a bear market, resulting in a 20+% decline in your assets?
- Perform a Gap Analysis
- A Gap Analysis looks at insurance coverage and identifies whether you are heavy or light on simple things, such as life insurance.
- SWP plans always account for human life value.
- For example, if you’re 50 or 55, there is probably 10+ years of working ahead of you. Are you prepared if something happens that results in 10 years of unrealized income in your financial plan?
Tribe Fan Fashion
Heading to Progressive Field? There’s only one way to cheer on the Indians – and that’s dressed in Tribe gear! We welcomed Karen Fox from the Cleveland Indians to help us out!