Suspects Sentenced in Beating of Woman Who Lost Eye

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND – Two men who viciously attacked a Cleveland bartender when she asked patrons to leave at closing time were sentenced to 12 years in prison Thursday.

Brothers Fred and Marco Correa, 24 and 27, beat the female bartender at Charlie’s Place on the west side so brutally on July 22, 2012, that she lost an eye.

Debbie Bryson, 44, a nurse by trade, told FOX 8 News shortly after the attack, that she was helping out at the family's bar that night.

Bryson said there were no problems with any of the people inside the bar. The problem started when it was closing time and she asked them to leave, and they didn't want to.

"Put some money into the games, you know, thought that could keep them in there. I'm like 'you guys gotta go, it's late.' So I finally got them out the back door and as I took a step out into the parking lot, someone yelled and I turned and got hit, and I only remember that first hit," Bryson told FOX 8 News in July.

According to police, several others, including an off-duty police, officer rushed to her aid.

Police said some of the six suspects also attacked them, knocking Bryson and two other men unconscious, kicking them in the face when they were down.

"Three others ended up on the hospital. All had surgeries for plates to be placed and bones to be reconstructed in their faces," Bryson previously said.

Six of the seven defendants were arrested shortly after the beating, but Marco Correa fled, prosecutors said.

He was arrested by U.S. Marshals on August 14 in Trumbull County, prosecutors said.

Nicole Disiena, 24, the getaway driver, pleaded guilty to one count of attempted obstructing justice and was ordered to pay a $100 fine.

The same day, Fred and Marco Correa each pleaded guilty to three counts of felonious assault and one count of assault.

Leah Dennison and Melissa Cintron, both 22, both pleaded guilty to one count of attempted felonious assault and were sentenced to five years of probation and were ordered to wear an ankle monitoring bracelet for six months.

James Gimenez, 29, pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated riot and was sentenced to six months in jail.

Krystal Napier, 24, pleaded guilty to one count of Riot and was sentenced to time served, prosecutors said.