March 12, 2013
St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
Sunday is St. Patrick’s Day! We began celebrating a “wee” bit early with a taste of Ireland’s best…Jameson Irish Whiskey! We welcomed Brand Ambassador, Saragh Killeen. She mixed us up a Jameson and ginger ale, along with a “Spring Fling.” Watch our video clip for the recipes!
Rain and Mud Gear
As we count down the days until Spring, we know the rain and mud are on their way! Here with the must-haves to look great while staying dry, was Renee Lanzara from Great Lakes Mall.
Protecting Your Online Reputation
When is the last time you put your own name into Google? Here to talk about protecting your online reputation was President of Reputation Changer, Michael Zammuto.
Here are some easy Do’s and Don’ts:
- Think twice about what you post. If you are upset or emotional then put it aside and cool off for 20 minutes. You may come back and no longer want to post it.
- Make sure you set the privacy settings for these pages. Both Facebook and Twitter can be customized to be hard to find/view in search.
- Do require your kids to ‘Friend’ you and give you access to their pictures and posts. Protecting them online means monitoring them online.
- Take control. Facebook allows you to approve posts that include pictures you are tagged in before they go live.
- Post photos that you wouldn’t share with your boss or your mother. If you are going to go out and get a little wild at least ensure your privacy settings are the way you need them to be.
- Don’t get involved in drama on these sites. Heated conversations online can get out of control. If you wouldn’t argue this in polite company, then you probably shouldn’t argue it on the web.
- Don’t complain about your family, friends, coworkers or your job. Posting updates and status updates about your job is the fastest way to lose it.
Pack your bags! Kathy Killen from Royal Caribbean was here with the Canary Travel Deal of the Week.
Europe Cruises: Liberty of the Seas does a 7 night Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona.
- Itinerary: Barcelona, Spain – Toulon, France – Nice, France – La Spezia, Italy – Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy – Naples, Italy – At Sea – Barcelona, Spain
- Starting price for this cruise for fall sailings is $799.00 per person!
- Also with any European sailing for 2013 of 6 nights or longer receive a $400.00 on board credit!
The laugh-out-loud musical comedy, “Sister Act,” comes to Playhouse Square! We were lucky to go behind the scenes and talk to “Mother Superior” herself!
Sister Act runs tonight through March 17, 2013 at the Palace Theatre in Playhouse Square.
For Tickets, call 216-241-6000 or visit www.PlayhouseSquare.org
One Tank Trip
Spring break is just around the corner…looking for a stay-cation? Neil took us to Elmore, Ohio! Check out our video clip.
Most people assume when you’re pregnant, you’re eating for two…so it’s okay to go crazy and eat anything you want. Sadly, Kristi found out that’s not quite true. We had Registered Dietician from Diet Busters, Melanie Jatsek set her straight! Watch our video clip.
1. Should I really be eating for two?
- NO! Pregnancy only requires an extra: 340 calories in 2nd Trimester and 450 calories in 3rd Trimester
2. What does the “Perfect Pregnancy Diet” look like? (Visuals)
- 8 oz. of grain (mostly whole grain)
- 3 cups veggies
- 2 cups fruit
- 3 cups milk or milk equivalent
- 6 oz. meat and beans
- 8-12 cups water
3. Is there anything I should avoid?
- Deli meats- unless heated until steaming
- Raw or undercooked meat, fish, eggs
- Unpasteurized milk, juice or soft cheeses
- Raw sprouts
- High mercury fish: shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish
- Up to 12 ounces low mercury fish per week is safe: Salmon, light tuna, shrimp, catfish