Vitamix: Soup and Smoothie
Spring Green Smoothie
(Yield: 6 cups)
- ½ cup water
- 2 ½ cups green grapes
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- ½ lemon, peeled
- ½ cucumber, peeled if not organic, (not to exceed 4 oz.), cut into large chunks
- ½ green apple (3.5 oz.), seeded, halved
- 1 cup kale, spine removed
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks or pineapple chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Smoothie program.
Switch machine to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Thyme for Tomato Soup
(Yield: 4 cups)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 14 ½ oz. (410 g) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup (85 g) oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ Tablespoons (15 g) onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ Tablespoons fresh thyme sprigs (leaves only if sprigs are woody and thick)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Tablespoons double concentrated tomato paste
- ½ vegetable bouillon cube
- ½ cup whole milk
Place water, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, tomato paste and bouillon into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
Blend for 4 ½ to 5 minutes (mixture should be hot). Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
Slowly add milk through lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
Slowly increase speed to Variable 10 and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
Serve and enjoy!