Weekend Traffic Outlook: Closures and Detours
CLEVELAND — Nothing spoils a weekend outing quite like an unexpected detour.
ODOT on Friday released a construction update to alert drivers about area closures.
–The SR 615 entrance ramp from I-90 westbound in Mentor will close for pavement repairs beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday and will reopen at 6 a.m. on Monday.
- Detour: SR 84 westbound to SR 306 (Reynolds Road) southbound to I-90 southbound
–I-480 Westbound exit ramp to Miles Road will close on Friday at 10 p.m. and reopen at 6 a.m. on Saturday.
- Detour: I-480 Westbound to Lee Road, re-enter I-480 eastbound to Miles Road*
–*Crews will close the Miles Road entrance ramp to I-480 westbound at 10 p.m. on Friday night until 6 a.m. on Saturday.
- Detour: Miles Road to Northfield Road to I-480 westbound
–The I-271 southbound exit ramp to Mayfield road eastbound will close from 10 p.m. on Friday to 7 a.m. on Saturday for pavement repairs.
- Detour: Cedar/Brainard Road to I-271 northbound to Mayfield Road eastbound
–I-271 Southbound at Mayfield Road will close overnight Friday from midnight to 7 a.m.
- Detour: I-271 southbound exit ramp and immediately re-enter
ODOT also released a list of construction projects that have updated work involving lane and/or ramp closures or new traffic patterns:
- I-480 Resurfacing, Maple Heights, Warrensville Heights, Bedford Heights & North Randall
- I-480 Valley View Bridge Fence and Wall Repair, Garfield Heights, Independence, Valley View
- Taylor Road Resurfacing, Cleveland Heights
- State Route 2 Pavement Repairs, Mentor and Willoughby
- Maplegrove Road over I-90, Willoughby Hills